If your looking for a dish that’s full of flavor, easy to prepare and only uses one pan, this creamy lemon chicken thighs recipe is the one for you. It’s the perfect weeknight meal that tastes like you spent hours cooking it.
Crispy, deep golden chicken thighs sitting in a sauce of creamy, zesty lemon that’s topped off with sweet peas.
Oh, and did I mention what a luscious combination cream and lemon is?
The ingredient list may be short but the flavors are big and you’ll get this on your table in no time!
This just might be your new go to dish, enjoy!
Follow Proud Italian Cook on Instagram to see what else I’m cooking up during the week.
- 4 bone in, skin on chicken thighs, preferably organic
- 2 tablespoons butter, salted
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- zest of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- frozen peas, a cup or so depending on your liking
- fresh parley and lemon slices for garnish
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper on both sides.
- In a skillet with medium heat melt the butter then add in the chicken thighs skin side down searing them to a deep golden brown, don't flip them until they reach that color.
- When deep color is reached flip them over and cook for 2 more minutes on the other side, then remove and set aside.
- If too much grease is left drain the pan and add a little bit more butter.
- Add the 2 cloves of garlic and cook until light golden then add in the broth, zest, lemon juice and then finally the cream.
- Reduce to a simmer then add the chicken thighs back in along with the frozen peas, simmering until chicken is fully cooked and cream has thickened up.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and lemon slices.