This grilled seafood salad is one of my all time favorites for light casual summer eating, it’s a combination of shrimp, scallops and calamari which lay on top of mixed greens and crunchy vegetables, it’s all tossed in a lemon vinaigrette that’s spiked with a little limoncello, which gives the dressing that extra zing!
All the seafood can be grilled ahead of time and then the salad can be composed at the last minute so it’s perfect for entertaining. Add some crusty bread and a bottle of wine and I promise you’ll be in for a scrumptious treat!
Recently the folks who work for Italian cookware brand, Lagostina contacted me again and this time they asked if I would like to try out their round grill pan and guess what?they generously offered to give one away to one of my lucky readers!
This pan is gorgeous, you can feel and see the quality as soon as you pull it out of the box, I couldn’t wait to try it out.
Reflecting the Italian passion for cooking, this elegant stainless-steel pan has a heat-retaining aluminum core, so your favorite foods caramelize beautifully as they grill to juicy perfection. High ridges sear foods with attractive grill marks while elevating them above fatty drippings.
· 11″ diam.
· Tri-ply construction ensures rapid, even heating and retains heat flawlessly.
· Combines a polished 18/10 stainless-steel exterior with an aluminum core and nonreactive stainless-steel interior.
· Ergonomic cast-stainless steel handles provide a steady grip.
· Inclined edges make it easy to pour off drippings.
· Ideal for use on any cooktop, including induction.
· Made in Italy.
Where to buy:
Quite honestly I don’t like grilling delicate seafood directly on top of the grates on my out door grill unless it’s on a plank or something to hold them secure, because with out fail something always falls between the grates and I have to try and pick it out before it burns, so I’ve always used an indoor grill pan for this grilled seafood salad.
I already own a heavy cast iron grill pan with a popular name that I thought I would use much more than I do, but it’s a pain to clean. I end up boiling water in it to loosen up the food that gets stuck between the grates then I have to take my time using a plastic scraper to try and remove it all, like I said it’s a pain!
Total opposite with the Lagostina grill pan, it was a pleasure to cook with, beautiful even cooking throughout, a nice wide surface, but my favorite feature was the clean up. I put it in my sink with a little hot sudsy water for just a few minutes and then wiped it clean, it makes me want to use it over and over again, and after it’s washed it retains it’s beautiful shine.
You can use it to sear steaks and chops and then finish it off right in the oven, you can pretty much use it for anything you want to grill.
The giveaway starts today Monday, April 25 2016 and will end on Saturday, (midnight central standard time) April 30, 2016
Leave one comment, telling me what your favorite thing is to grill, but you must have a valid email address so I can reach you, no anonymous comments will be accepted.
Facebook, Instagram and any subscriber of mine who would like to enter this giveaway must leave a comment here on my website.
Winner will be picked randomly and announced on Monday, May 2, 2016 and contacted by the email used in their submission.
The winner of this giveaway will receive one Lagostina Round Grill Pan.
You must be at least 18 years or older and a US resident.
Good Luck everyone! CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED
Proud Italian Cook is on Instagram, follow me there to so see what else I’m cooking up daily.
- Amounts will very according to your seafood preference, this is just an estimate on what I used for 4 servings.
- 8 large shrimp, tails off
- 8 oz. sea scallops
- 1 lb. of calamari ( I leave the bodies whole and cut into rings later, it's easier
- SEAFOOD MARINADE
- 4 cloves of chopped garlic
- the zest of 1 big lemon
- a handful of chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- drizzled olive oil to coat seafood
- 2 lemons, cut into slices for grilling
- 2 fennel bulbs, sliced thin
- 1 bunch of celery hearts with the leaves, chopped
- 5 radishes, sliced thin
- a handful of capers
- assorted olives, sliced
- cherry tomatoes, sliced
- For the greens I used a mix of water cress and arugula,(mostly arugula)
- LEMON AND OLIVE OIL DRESSING
- 1 part lemon juice ( with a splash of limoncello, optional) to 3 parts extra virgin olive oil
- Make sure all seafood has been padded dry before you marinade them, you should have no added moisture.
- Place all seafood in a glass bowl with all the marinade ingredients, toss and let it sit for 40 minutes.
- Grill all your seafood, which can be grilled up to a day ahead, let it cool down then refrigerate them separately, if you're doing them ahead, not all mixed together. Either way seafood should not be warm or hot for this salad, room temp or cold.
- Whisk up your dressing and set aside.
- When you're ready to compose your salad slice the scallops into quarters or in half according to their size.
- Cut calamari bodies into rings.
- Leave shrimp whole and the calamari legs.
- In a separate large bowl toss all salad ingredients together except for the seafood, you can add more or less or any other ingredient you would like to add, there is no exact rule with a salad.
- Add and toss your dressing, less is more, don't drench it, taste as you go.
- Grab a huge platter, place salad on top, arrange all the seafood on top of the greens, add in some grilled lemons slices.
- Don't forget toasted or grilled crunchy bread, it's a must!