I’m always on the look out for different ways to prepare salmon. I actually saw this recipe in the current magazine, BHG Fast and Fresh, the picture of the red cherry tomatoes against the pink salmon instantly caught my eye.
So today I give you a simple, healthy, no fuss, extremely tasty meal to make!
Roast a bunch of asparagus on the side, it pairs nicely with the salmon, no heavy carbs required.
The original recipe calls for 3 lbs. of salmon but I used only 2 individual portions, changed up the amounts and added fresh basil and pesto. Here’s my version.
- wild salmon, 2 individual portions
- 1½ pints of cherry or grape tomatoes
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, shaved
- fresh basil
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Into a baking dish add the tomatoes,some fresh snipped basil, garlic and shallots, drizzle everything with olive oil, a little salt and pepper and roast uncovered for 15 minutes
- Place salmon, skin side down on tomato-shallot mixture.
- Sprinkle with a tiny bit of salt and pepper.
- Roast uncovered 15 to 18 minutes depending on how thick your fish is basting it once with all those juices during the cooking time.
- Place dollops of basil pesto on cooked fish when finished. (optional)
- Garnish with lemon zest.