This is such a great lunch or even a light dinner. You could use leftover veggies either roasted or grilled and all you’ll need is a box of phyllo, a little bit of cheese and some muffin tins. Crunchy on the outside with cheesy flavorful veggies on the inside.
It’s an individual take on something I make quite often at my house, which is this.
I always have roasted veggies in my fridge and now that the weather is staying warm I’ll be stocking up on grilled instead. Any combination will do, use whatever you like, you’ll only be using 1/2 cup per muffin.
In the past I was always afraid to use phyllo dough, but now I never go without a box in my fridge and use it for both sweet and savory dishes. I love to work with it because it’s so forgiving. My kind of dough!
I also like the free form look of the finished product, no matter how you fold the phyllo up over the veggies it always looks pretty in the end. Serve with a nice salad and some roasted red pepper sauce on the side, so good!
- precooked grilled or roasted veggies of your choice
- 5 sheets of phyllo
- 1 cup of shredded cheese like asiago, mozzarella or fontina
- olive oil for brushing
- roasted red pepper sauce or marinara for swiping bundle in
- muffin tin
- makes 6
- Lightly oil muffin tins.
- Layer 5 sheets of phyllo on top of each other brushing olive oil on each individual sheet.
- Cut into 6 squares.
- Press one square into each muffin cup and fill with ½ cup veggie mixture.
- Top with grated cheese, then fold over the corners to secure filling.
- Brush tops with olive oil and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 375F until golden, around 30 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes, then serve warm or at room temperature.
- Best eaten same day or otherwise reheat in a 400F oven until crispy again.