Grilled asparagus, grilled red pepper slices layered together with creamy and slightly tangy goat cheese slathered in between thick grilled potato slices then topped off with nicoise olives and a rich drizzle of balsamic glaze, perfect for swiping everything into it.
I did three stacks of potato slices here but two stacks would work as well especially if your serving a bunch of other side dishes. It looks impressive, the flavors are amazing, it’s a win, win!
- Amounts will vary depending on how many you will be making and whether you have a 2 or 3 high stack. This will be a guideline.
- I used large baking potatoes which need to be precooked until tender but not mushy. You could either steam, boil or bake After they are cooked cut off the ends and make ½ inch slices. Brush slices with olive oil then finish cooking on grill for a few minutes. Be sure to get some nice grill marks!
- Asparagus, pre grilled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- Goat cheese log, cut into rounds
- Red pepper slices, pre grilled
- Nicoise olives and balsamic glaze for finish
- Light vinaigrette or fresh lemon olive oil dressing
- Have everything ready for assembly,
- Potato* goat cheese round* red pepper slice* asparagus pieces* a few olives.
- Drizzle layer with either a light vinaigrette or fresh lemon and olive oil dressing.
- When napoleon is made, garnish with more dressing, olives, asparagus pieces and a healthy swirl of luscious balsamic glaze around the plate.
- better served either slightly warm or room temperature.