Happy National Pasta Day! Who doesn’t love pasta? It delicious, comforting, it comes in endless shapes and sizes and can be made countless ways with a variety of different sauces. It’s also crowd pleasing, a great party food, present at many family dinners and dinner for one. Many fond memories have been etched in our minds recalling favorite pasta dishes made by our dear loved ones hands.
So in honor of the day I made you a luxurious pasta dish that includes shrimp and broccolini in tomato cream sauce, and you won’t believe how quick you’ll get it to the table!
To further celebrate and to make you feel like an absolute pro in the kitchen, the generous team at Lagostina is giving away this gorgeous, and I mean gorgeous, Hammered Copper Pastaiola pot to one lucky reader of mine.
Here are some of the features
· Lagostina Martellata Tri-Ply Copper 6 qt. Covered Pastaiola features durable tri-ply construction for lasting utility plus thermal efficiency courtesy of a heat radiating, encapsulated aluminum core
· Brushed 18/10 stainless steel interior will not react with food
· Polished, hammered copper exterior looks striking on a stovetop and enhances heat conductivity
· Compatible with most stove types, except induction
· Oven safe up to 500º F
· Polished, snug-fitting stainless steel lid helps prevent heat and moisture from escaping
· Sturdy, riveted cast stainless steel side handles for confident handling
· Flared edges for dripless pouring
· Comes complete with a stainless steel pasta insert
· Copper, aluminum and stainless steel
· Hand wash
· 6 qt. capacity
Valued at 249.99
First thing I did with my pastaiola was make a big pot of marinara, I normally keep a stash in my freezer and I was running low. I’m happy to say I was able to fit two gigantic cans of tomatoes both over five pounds each into the pot with no problem, so you’re going to love how deep it is! It will be perfect for making future stocks and seafood boils because of it’s deep size.
This pasta dish comes together quickly once you have all your ingredients ready so when you begin to make the sauce get your water boiling!
Add some garlic and olive oil to a pan then toss in shrimp, (I had eight large) and steamed broccolini, when the shrimp is cooked remove and set aside.
Deglaze the pan with three cups of marinara, preferably homemade or a good quality store bought brand then splash in about a quarter cup of heavy cream, stir and combine then it’s time to bring back the shrimp and broccolini.
It starts today Oct. 17, 2016 and it will run for 10 days ending on Wed, Oct. 26, 2016
Leave one comment only my blog please, and tell me your absolute favorite pasta dish or pasta shape.
You must have a valid email address so I can reach you, no anonymous comments will be accepted.
Winner will be picked randomly and announced on Thursday Oct. 27, 2016 and contacted by the email used in their submission.
The winner of this giveaway will receive one Lagostina Martellata Copper Pastaiola
You must be at least 18 years old and a US resident.
( Disclosure: I received one pastaiola for review, and as always opinions are my very own)